||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2013)|
Foxit Reader under Windows 7
|Stable release||126.96.36.1991 (November 1, 2013[±])|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher, Linux|
|Platform||Desktop computer, Mobile Devices|
|Size||7.56 MB - Windows
3.61 MB - Linux
|Type||PDF Viewer / Reader|
|License||Proprietary / Freeware|
Foxit Reader is notable for its short load time and small filesize, and has been compared favorably to Adobe Reader. The Windows version allows annotating and saving unfinished PDF forms, FDF import/export, converting to text, highlighting and drawing.
Foxit Reader v6.x is available for 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows XPthrough 8, , While different versions are available for iOS, Windows RT , Android and Windows CE 4.2 and 5.0. Older version of Foxit reader (2.0) allows Windows 98/ME to open Acrobat version 7 and 8 files, which the current version of Adobe’s Acrobat reader for those operating systems will not. It also supports the U3 smart drive when used with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Foxit Reader 2.0 is the last version which runs on Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, and Windows Me. Foxit Reader 4.1.1 can installed on unsupported versions of Windows such as Windows 98SE, by installing KernelEX 4.5 first .
Foxit Software has released a Linux version of Foxit Reader available for download in three formats; namely .deb for Debian and Debian-based distributions (e.g. Ubuntu, LMDE), .rpm for RPM-based distributions, and a pre-compiled binary package in a tar.gz file. On August 13, 2009, Foxit Reader version 1.1 was released for Linux. Foxit Reader for desktop Linux does not support a few features which are available on MS Windows versions such as annotation, form filling and saving support, FDF support, drawing markup tools, as well as typewriter. Foxit Corporation stated that it will be improving the Linux version with more functions and release a new development plan of Foxit Reader v1.2 for Desktop Linux in December, 2009. As of October 2013, the four-year-old version 1.1 is still available, but no further development has been published.
- Foxit Reader End User License Agreement
- Foxit Reader Free Download - Open PDF. Softpedia.com (2012-02-17). Retrieved on 2013-07-29.
- "PC World, Foxit (PDF) Reader review". Pcworld.com. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- by ailingdogman on May 11, 2010. "cnet download.com Foxit Reader 3.0 build 1506 review". Download.cnet.com. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- "Foxit Software - Downloads(Latest Version)". Foxitsoftware.com. 2009-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Foxit Reader Product Downloads". Foxitsoftware.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Foxit Reader for desktop Linux". Foxitsoftware.com. Retrieved 2010-05-12.[dead link]