Foxit Reader on Windows 8.1
|Stable release||18.104.22.1686 (December 1, 2014[±])|
|Available in||English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish|
|Type||Desktop publishing software|
Foxit Reader is a multilingual freemium PDF tool that can create, view, edit, digitally sign, and print PDF files. Early versions of Foxit Reader were notable for startup performance and small file size. Foxit has been compared favorably to Adobe Reader. The Windows version allows annotating and saving unfinished PDF forms, FDF import/export, converting to text, highlighting and drawing.
Foxit Reader is available for Windows XP and later, while different versions are available for iOS, Windows RT, Android and Windows CE. It also supports the U3 smart drive when used with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Foxit Reader 2.0 is the last version which runs on Windows 9x and Windows NT 4.0. Foxit Reader 4.1.1 can be installed on unsupported versions of Windows such as Windows 98SE, by installing KernelEX 4.5 first.  Version history with release notes is available from Foxit, although not including release dates. However, other sites do provide release dates, some with more detail on changes. 
With version 6.1.4, the Foxit installer was bundled with potentially unwanted programs like OpenCandy which installed the browser-hijacking malware Conduit. Following complaints from users, it was removed after version 6.2.1.
In July 2014, the Internet Storm Center reported that the mobile version for iPhone was transmitting telemetry data to remote servers located in China despite users attempting to opt out of such data collection.
- Foxit Reader End User License Agreement
- Foxit® PDF Technology Chosen for Google® Open-Source
- Popa, Bogdan (1 December 2014). "Foxit Reader". Softpedia. SoftNews.
- "PC World, Foxit (PDF) Reader review". Pcworld.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "brothersoft, Foxit (PDF) Reader". brothersoft.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- Russell, Dan (May 6, 2014). "cnet download.com Foxit Reader 6.2 build 1866 review". Download.cnet.com. Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- "Foxit Software - Downloads(Latest Version)". Foxitsoftware.com. 2009-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Version History". Foxit Corporation. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Foxit Reader 6.2.0.0429 - Changelog". Softpedia. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Old Version of Foxit Reader (also includes current version)". OldApps. 2013-12-26. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- Foxit Forum
- Wesemann, Daniel (22 July 2014). "App "telemetry"". InfoSec Handlers Diary. SANS Institute.