The Fekkai family comes from an Arab Bedouin tribe of the East. The tribe settled in the Arab world and particularly in Algeria.
In 1979 at the age of 21, Fekkai moved to New York to start his career.
After creating hairstyles for models on both catwalks and magazine covers, he opened two salons in New York City and Los Angeles and went on to launch his own line of hair care products. Fekkai has styled the hair of many prominent women, such as Kim Basinger, Jessica Lange, Sigourney Weaver, Claudia Schiffer, Debra Messing, Renée Zellweger, and Hillary Clinton. He is often regarded as a "celebrity hair stylist".
Fekkai divides his time between Paris and New York City.
- Bryony Gordon (2005-06-22). "A hairstylist stars don't leave home without". London: Telegraph Media Group (Online version of The Daily Telegraph). Retrieved 2007-05-02.
- "Biography of Frederic Fekkai". New Beauty magazine. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- "The Stars and Valentino From the show Oprah Goes to Paris". The Oprah Winfrey Show. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- Jane Clayson, on The Early Show (2002-06-25). "Summer Hair: Naturally Free". CBS Interactive Inc. (Online version of CBS News). Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- Kate Novack (2004-09-06). "Closet Capers, Three stylish lads share the secrets of their hip haberdashery". TIME Online Edition. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|