Fría Como el Viento
|"Fría Como el Viento"|
|Single by Luis Miguel|
|from the album Busca Una Mujer|
|B-side||"Pupilas de Gato"|
|Format||Airplay, Promo single|
|Writer(s)||Juan Carlos Calderón|
|Producer(s)||Juan Carlos Calderón|
|Luis Miguel singles chronology|
"Fría Como el Viento" ("Cold as the Wind") is a ballad written, produced and arranged by Juan Carlos Calderón and performed by Mexican singer Luis Miguel. It was released as the first single from the Grammy nominated studio album Busca Una Mujer. The song became the third number-one single for the singer in the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart after "Ahora Te Puedes Marchar" in 1987 and "La Incondicional", the preceding single.
The song has been performed by the singer on promotional tours, mostly on medleys along with songs from his 1980s repertoire. Also, several performers have recorded cover versions, including Los Byby's, Fuera de Liga,Mazz, Grieta Calderòn, Grupo El Momento, The Latin Stars Orchestra, El Momento vs. Hijo de Chila, Frankie Negrón, New Variety Band, Los Player's, Silva Y Guerra and Terrazas Musical.
Released as the third single from Luis Miguel's studio album Busca Una Mujer, "Fría Como el Viento" became a very successful song and was included on the tracklist for his 20 Años Tour in 1990. Five years later, during his live performances in the National Auditorium in México City, the song was performed in a medley along "Yo Que No Vivo Sin Tí", "Culpable O No", "Más Allá", "Entrégate", "Tengo Todo Excepto a Tí", and "La Incondicional". This medley was later included on his album El Concierto. In 2005, the song was included on the compilation album Grandes Éxitos. There were rumors about the re-recording of this song as a duet with Mexican singer Paulina Rubio or Chilean performer Myriam Hernández. However, this recording never took place since was announced that Miguel's following album at the time, Cómplices (2008), would be his first full length album written and produced by Spanish songwriter Manuel Alejandro.
The song debuted in the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart at Number 27 in the week of September 3, 1988, climbing to the top ten four weeks later. "Fría Como el Viento" peaked at No. 1 on October 22, 1988, on its eighth week, holding this position for two consecutive weeks, replacing "Si Voy a Perderte" by Cuban-American singer Gloria Estefan and being replaced by Chayanne with "Fuiste un Trozo de Hielo en la Escarcha". Two weeks later the song reached the top spot for a second frame, being succeeded one week later by Chayanne.
- "Luis Miguel — Charts & Awards". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Fría Como el Viento — Performers". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-09-30.[dead link]
- "El Concierto — Luis Miguel". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "Grandes Exitos — Luis Miguel". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "Luis Miguel regresa con temas de Manuel Alejandro". Analitica.com (in Spanish). Analitica Consulting. 2008-03-25. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "Fría Como el Viento — Week of September 24, 1988". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 1988-09-24. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "Fría Como el Viento — Week of October 22, 1988". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 1988-10-22. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "Fría Como el Viento — Week of November 12, 1988". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 1988-11-12. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "Fría Como el Viento — Week of November 19, 1988". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 1989-11-18. Retrieved 2009-09-30.