Fractal (video game)
Fractal (full title: Fractal: Make Blooms Not War) is a puzzle video game from Philadelphia-based studio Cipher Prime. The game involves pushing hexagonal fragments together to form large hexagons and chain reactions.
Fractal was first released by Cipher Prime via their website for $14.99 on May 26, 2010 for Mac and Windows PC's.
Fractal's gameplay revolves around pushing hexagons into seven-hexagon clusters, or "blooms", which earn the player points. Fractal features three gameplay modes, campaign, arcade, and puzzle. In campaign mode, the player progresses by earning enough points to clear each level. Over the course of the thirty-level campaign, the player will encounter different kinds of power-up hexagons with special abilities (hexagons that cause explosions, or that destroy all adjacent hexagons) that help the player earn points. In arcade mode, the player works toward setting a high score by surviving for as long as possible. In the fifty-level puzzle mode, the player is tasked with completing objectives in a limited number of moves. Each series of challenges in puzzle mode (Koch, Menger, Sierpinski, Julia, Mandelbrot, and Dragon) is named after a different fractal set.
- Minor, Jordan. "Fractal: Make Blooms Not War Review". 148Apps. Steel Media Ventures. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Parkin, Simon. "Fractal: Make Blooms Not War Review". EuroGamer. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Fractal is Finally Here!". Cipher Prime. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Indie Royale
- "Hungry for more games? Feast on Humble Bundle with Android 6!". Humble Mumble. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Stella, Shiva. "Fractal: Make Blooms Not War Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Campbell, Nissa. "'Fractal: Make Blooms Not War' for iPad Review - A Challenging, Beautiful Puzzle Game". TouchArcade. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Hinkle, David. "Portabliss: Fractal: Make Blooms Not War (iPad)". Joystiq. AOL Inc. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Frame, Michael. "Fractal Geometry". Yale University. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
|This puzzle video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|