From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Framing (disambiguation))
This article is about "Framing" as a general term. For "Framed" as a proper name, see Framed.
|Look up framing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Framing may refer to:
- Framing (crime), providing false evidence or false testimony in order to prove someone guilty of a crime falsely
- Framing (construction), the most common carpentry work
- Timber framing, the standard type of building framing until the mid-19th century.
- Framing (social sciences) or Framing effect (psychology), terminology used in communication theory, sociology, and other disciplines where it relates to the construction and presentation of a fact or issue "framed" from a particular perspective
- Framing (visual arts), a technique used to bring the focus to the subject
- Framing (World Wide Web), where it relates to the use of multiple panes within a web page
- Framing device, a narrative tool in which the setting of a story or another element is repeated at the beginning and end of a story
- Frame synchronization in telecommunications
- Frame of reference, a coordinate system used to represent and measure position and orientation of objects at a particular time
- Inertial frame of reference (also Galilean reference frame or inertial space), a frame of reference that describes time and space homogeneously, isotropically, and in a time-independent manner
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.