|Born||May 22, 1945|
|Institution||Ecole des hautes études en sciences sociales-Paris School of Economics|
|Alma mater||University of Western Ontario|
|Information at IDEAS/RePEc|
François Bourguignon (born May 22, 1945) is the former Chief Economist (2003–2007) of the World Bank. He has been the Director of the Paris School of Economics, and from 1985 to his retirement in 2013 a professor of economics at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales in Paris.
- Handbook of Income Distribution (edited with Anthony Atkinson), North-Holland, 2000.
- The Impact of Economic Policies on Poverty and Income Distribution: Evaluation Techniques and Tools (edited with Luiz Pereira da Silva), World Bank and Oxford University Press, 2003
- The Microeconomics of Income Distribution Dynamics in East Asia and Latin America. (edited with Francisco Ferreira and Nora Lustig), World Bank and Oxford University Press, 2004
- Evaluating the poverty impact of economic policies: some analytical challenges, (with Luiz Pereira da Silva and Nicholas Stern), Macroeconomic policies and poverty reduction, edited by Ashoka Mody New York : Routledge, 2005.
- The Effect of Economic Growth on Social Structures, in Philippe Aghion and Steven Durlauf (eds), Handbook of Economic Growth, North-Holland, 2005.
- Equity, Efficiency and Inequality Traps. A Research Agenda (with Francisco H.G. Ferrera and Michael Walton), Journal of Economic Inequality, August 2007, Vol. 5, No. 2: 235–256.
- Effectiveness – Opening the Black Box (with Mark Sundberg), The American Economic Review, May 2007, Vol. 97, No. 2, 316–320.
|World Bank Chief Economist
Justin Yifu Lin