|Born||May 22, 1945|
|Information at IDEAS/RePEc|
François Bourguignon (born May 22, 1945) is the former Chief Economist (2003-2007) of the World Bank. He is the Director of the Paris School of Economics, and was formerly a professor of economics at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales in Paris.
- Handbook of Income Distribution (edited with Anthony Atkinson), North-Holland, 2000.
- The Impact of Economic Policies on Poverty and Income Distribution: Evaluation Techniques and Tools (edited with Luiz Pereira da Silva), World Bank and Oxford University Press, 2003
- The Microeconomics of Income Distribution Dynamics in East Asia and Latin America. (edited with Francisco Ferreira and Nora Lustig), World Bank and Oxford University Press, 2004
- Evaluating the poverty impact of economic policies: some analytical challenges, (with Luiz Pereira da Silva and Nicholas Stern), Macroeconomic policies and poverty reduction, edited by Ashoka Mody New York : Routledge, 2005.
- The Effect of Economic Growth on Social Structures, in Philippe Aghion and Steven Durlauf (eds), Handbook of Economic Growth, North-Holland, 2005.
- Equity, Efficiency and Inequality Traps. A Research Agenda (with Francisco H.G. Ferrera and Michael Walton), Journal of Economic Inequality, August 2007, Vol. 5, No. 2: 235-256.
- Effectiveness—Opening the Black Box (with Mark Sundberg), The American Economic Review, May 2007, Vol. 97, No. 2, 316-320.
|World Bank Chief Economist
Justin Yifu Lin