|Borough mayor for Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie and Montreal City Councillor|
January 1, 2010
|Preceded by||André Lavallée|
|Born||January 29, 1972|
|Political party||Vision Montréal (2009-2011)
Projet Montréal (2011-)
François Croteau (born January 29, 1972) is a city councillor from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He has served as the borough mayor of Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie since 2009. Elected as a member of the Vision Montreal municipal political party he crossed the floor to Projet Montréal in November 2011.
He received a bachelor's degree in history, art history and sociology from the Université de Montréal. He also holds a Master of Business Administration from the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). He was a sessional lecturer at UQAM, teaching courses on city management, and is writing his doctoral thesis in urban studies. He has also served as a political staff member of Nicolas Girard the Parti Québécois MNA for Gouin prior to being elected to city council.
On June 19, 2013, he declared himself a candidate for the job of interim mayor of Montreal after the resignation of Michael Applebaum. However, in the council session on June 25 to select the new interim mayor, Croteau withdrew his candidacy before the vote, supporting eventual winner Laurent Blanchard.
- RAVENSBERGEN, JAN (2011-11-04). "Borough mayor François Croteau to join Projet Montréal". The Gazette (Montreal). Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Détail d'un élu: Monsieur François W. Croteau". Arrondissement Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie. Ville de Montréal. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- jeunes, Les; Harel, Louise (2009-10-09). "Un maire rockeur ! - Portrait de François Croteau". Vision Montreal. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Coalition crumbles as candidates emerge for Montreal mayor". The Gazette, June 20, 2013.
- "Laurent Blanchard new interim mayor of Montreal". The Gazette, June 25, 2013.
|This Montreal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|