Françoise Castex (born 7 February 1956 in Agadir) is a French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the South West of France with the Socialist Party, part of the Socialist Group and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on International Trade.
She is a substitute for the Committee on Development and the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. She is also a member of the Delegation for relations with the Palestinian Legislative Council.
- 1976: Degree and master's degree in arts
- 1990: Diploma of Advanced Studies in the Social Field (DHEPS)
- 1991: Postgraduate diploma in educational science
- 1981-1998: Adult and youth education adviser at the Gers Departmental Youth and Sports Directorate
- 1998-2000: Adviser in the office of the Chairman of the Gers Departmental Council
- Adviser in the office of the Minister responsible for vocational education
- 2002-2004: Special adviser for educational cooperation in the Foreign Ministry
- 1989-1998: Deputy Secretary-General of the Adult Education Association (SEP-FEN-UNSA)
- since 1990: Member of the Socialist Party national council
- 1996-2001: Member of Lavardens Municipal Council
- 1990-1998: Chairwoman of the Gers League of Human Rights
- 1996-1998: Member of the Central committee of the League of Human Rights
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (France)