|Born||Frances Dean Smith
March 19, 1922
San Rafael, California, U.S.
|Died||June 2, 2009
Greenbrae, California, U.S.
FrancEyE aka Frances Dean Smith (March 19, 1922 - June 2, 2009), was an American poet.
She married Wray Smith while living on the East Coast. They had four daughters but eventually divorced and Frances returned to California in 1963.
She was closely associated with the Southern California poetry community. She is also noted for her relationship with poet Charles Bukowski, with whom she had her fifth daughter and his only child, Marina Louise Bukowski. Charles Bukowski wrote a poem about Frances which has been used as a eulogy, "One for Old Snaggle-Tooth" (1977).
- Four Poets, (Ruth Wire, Grace Bogart, Joanne Stell, S.S.Veri), written under the pseudonym S.S. Veri
- Snaggletooth in Ocean Park, poems, 1996 (The Sacred Beverage Press)
- Amber Spider, poems, 2004 (Pearl Press)
- Grandma Stories, short stories (with drawings by Tim Donnelly), 2008
- Call, poems, 2009 (Rose of Sharon Press)
- Bukowski: Born Into This (2003) Documentary on Charles Bukowski.
- Graffiti Verité 6: "The Odyssey: Poets Passion & Poetry" (2006)
- Review of Baby Grandma in the Santa Monica Mirror
- Brief Bio on Poetry Superhighway
- Interviewed re: Bukowski in an LA Times article on Poets
- FrancEyE Frances Dean Smith 1922-2009
- francEyE - poems