France at the Olympics
|France at the Olympic Games|
France has competed in every modern Olympic Games, although its participation at the 1904 Games is questionable, with Albert Corey's appearance being credited by different sources to either the United States or France.
French athletes have won 671 medals at the Summer Olympic Games, with fencing and cycling as the top medal-producing sports. France has won an additional 109 medals at the Winter Olympic Games, mostly in alpine skiing.
France has hosted the Games on five occasions.
|1900 Summer Olympics||Paris||14 May – 28 October||24||997||95|
|1924 Winter Olympics||Chamonix||25 January – 4 February||16||258||16|
|1924 Summer Olympics||Paris||4 May – 27 July||44||3,089||126|
|1968 Winter Olympics||Grenoble||6 – 18 February||37||1,158||35|
|1992 Winter Olympics||Albertville||8 – 23 February||64||1,801||57|
Medal tables by Games
- *Red border color indicates tournament was held on home soil.
Medals by Summer Games
Medals by Winter Games
Medals won by summer sport
Leading in that sport
|Tug of war||0||1||0||1|
Medals by winter sport
- List of flag bearers for France at the Olympics
- Category:Olympic competitors for France
- France at the Paralympics
- List of Olympic female gymnasts for France
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- "Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2007-10-11.