Frances, South Australia
|LGA(s)||Naracoorte Lucindale Council|
Frances is a settlement in South Australia in the Naracoorte Lucindale Council local government area, 321 kilometres (199 mi) south-east of the state capital, Adelaide. At the 2006 census, Frances and the surrounding area had a population of 347.
Frances is located on the broad gauge railway from Wolseley to Mount Gambier in a grain-growing area. Despite the closure of the railway in 1995, Frances continues to be a major receiving point for grain, with several large silos.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Frances (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- "2905.0 - Statistical Geography: Volume 2 -- Census Geographic Areas, Australia, 2006". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 8 December 2009.
- Terry Hewton (6 December 2011). "Letter from Australia: Songs of home". The Guardian Weekly.
- "The History and Spirit of the Frances Folk Gathering". FrancesFolkGathering.com.
- Frances Folk Gathering website
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|