|Born||Frances Ann O'Connor
12 June 1967
Wantage, Oxfordshire, England, UK
Frances Ann O'Connor (born 12 June 1967) is an Australian actress. She is best known for her roles in films Mansfield Park (1999), Bedazzled (2000), A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), The Importance of Being Earnest (2002), and Timeline (2003). O'Connor has won AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her performance in Blessed (2009), and earning her a Golden Globe Award nomination for Madame Bovary (2000).
Life and career
O'Connor was born in Wantage, Oxfordshire, England to a pianist mother and nuclear physicist father, her family moved to Perth, Australia when O'Connor was two. Raised a Roman Catholic, O'Connor attended the Mercedes College in Perth. She then went on to attend the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts and earned a BA in literature from the Curtin University of Technology in Western Australia. O'Connor and her long-term partner, Gerald Lepkowski, have a son, Luka, born in April 2005.
O'Connor made her film debut in Emma-Kate Croghan's critically acclaimed independent romantic comedy Love and Other Catastrophes (1996). She received her first AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role nomination for her performance in this movie. In 1997 she had the leading role in Kiss or Kill, and starred opposite Cate Blanchett and Richard Roxburgh in Thank God He Met Lizzie. In 1999, O'Connor starred as Fanny Price in the British romantic comedy-drama Mansfield Park. The film also received favorable reviews from critics. In the next year O'Connor earned a Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance as Emma Bovary in Madame Bovary.
In 2000, O'Connor began her career in Hollywood, with role in the comedy film Bedazzled, remake of the 1967 film of the same name, opposite Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley. In the following year she had female lead role in Steven Spielberg science fiction drama film A.I. Artificial Intelligence. She was nominated on Saturn Award for Best Actress for her performance in film. In 2002, she starred alongside Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, and Judi Dench in romantic comedy-drama The Importance of Being Earnest, directed by Oliver Parker, and based on Oscar Wilde's classic comedy of manners play. In 2003, O'Connor starred opposite Paul Walker in the box office bomb science fiction film Timeline.
In 2004, O'Connor returned to independent movies and starred in Iron Jawed Angels with Hilary Swank, Julia Ormond, and Anjelica Huston. She received another AACTA Award for Best Actress nominations for Three Dollars (2005), and The Hunter. In 2008, she starred in the short-leved ABC comedy-drama series Cashmere Mafia opposite Lucy Liu, Miranda Otto, and Bonnie Somerville. In 2009 she has won AACTA Award for Best Actress for her performance in Blessed. She later appeared in Jayne Mansfield's Car, Little Red Wagon, and The Truth About Emanuel. In 2011, O'Connor was cast in ABC drama pilot Hallelujah created by Marc Cherry, but the show was not picked up to series. As of 2013 she is starring as Rose Selfridge in the British period drama Mr Selfridge.
|1993||Law of the Land||Marissa Green||Series regular|
|1994||Damnation of Harvey McHugh, TheThe Damnation of Harvey McHugh||Georgina||Episode: "Heaven Knows Mr. McHugh"|
|1995||The Man from Snowy River||Rachel McAlister||Episodes: "A New Life: Part 1" and "A New Life: Part 2"|
|1995||Halifax f.p.||Frances||Episode: "The Feeding"|
|1996||Blue Heelers||Gabe Greenway||3 episodes|
|1996||G.P.||Karen Papadopoulos||Episode: "Someone to Turn To"|
|1997||Frontline||Kristy||Episode: "I Get the Big Names"|
|2008||Cashmere Mafia||Zoe Burden||Series regular, 7 episodes|
|2011||Hallelujah||Ruth Turner||TV pilot|
|2013||Vegas||Barbara Kent||Episode: "From This Day Forward"|
|2013–present||Mr Selfridge||Rose Selfridge||Series regular|
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1916–2005.; at ancestry.com
- Frances O'Connor Biography (1969-)
- The earnest gypsy - theage.com.au
- The Fran with the plan[dead link]
- Urban Cinefile O'CONNOR, FRANCES: BEDAZZLED
- "Frances O'Connor | Movies and Biography - Yahoo Movies". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Kiss or Kill". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Mansfield Park". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Frances O'Connor Biography". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Timeline (2003)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Timeline (2003) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. 2003-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Several Actors Join Broadcast Pilots". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Frances O'Connor boards ABC pilot - US TV News". Digital Spy. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Playing the Mrs. to 'Mr. Selfridge' - US News and World Report". Usnews.com. 2013-03-28. Retrieved 2013-12-29.