A Connecticut native, Winfield met her husband at a Dixieland concert. The two became college sweethearts and married in 1966. A devout Roman Catholic, she and her husband are extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion at their local parish in Maryland. They have two adult children.
Recently, she has become a spokeswoman for the National Fibromyalgia Association, hoping to raise national and international awareness of the illness she herself has.
- Running to Paradise, 2000, ISBN 1-892668-24-6
- Coping With His Success: A Survival Guide for Wives at the Top, 1984, ISBN 0-06-015247-8
- Walk A Mile In Her Shoes
Running to Paradise is in the process of being made into a motion picture.
- Web Opens New Window On Prayer, WaPo March 2, 2003
- Faith Gives Him Strength, The Catholic Standard, June 19, 2003
- Misty Valley Hosts Author of Paradise, August 2005
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|