Francis Boyle, 1st Viscount Shannon (1623–1699) was a Privy Counsellor of Ireland and held the office of Governor of County Cork. He was the fourth son of Richard Boyle, 1st Earl of Cork. The Hon. Francis Boyle was created Viscount Shannon in 1660.
He was married to Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Robert Killigrew and sister of the dramatist Thomas Killigrew. His wife had a daughter by Charles II: Charlotte Jemima FitzRoy (c.1650–1684).
- Arnold-Baker, Charles (1996) The Companion to British History. Tunbridge Wells: Longcross Press
- Brown, Molly Loves of Charles II at www.okima.com/cast/amours.html
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990, ,
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages
- Lewis, Brenda Ralph The Mistresses of Charles II [www.britannia.com/history/charmist.html Charmist]
- Pas, Leo van de Charles II, King of England, Scotland and Ireland 1660-1685
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.
- Charles II of England