October 11, 1981 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||186 lb (84 kg; 13 st 4 lb)|
|Division||Middleweight (185 lb)
Light Heavyweight (205 lb)
|Reach||78.0 in (198 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
French Top Team
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Francis Carmont (born October 10, 1981) is a French professional mixed martial artist. He is currently signed with Bellator MMA after being released from the Ultimate Fighting Championship where he accumulated a record of 6 wins with 3 losses. He currently trains out of the Tristar Gym.
Mixed martial arts career
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Carmont defeated Lorenz Larkin on April 20, 2013 at UFC on Fox 7 via unanimous decision. The decision was viewed by many as controversial as most major MMA media outlets scored the bout for his opponent.
Carmont faced Thales Leites on August 23, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 49. Carmont lost the fight via second round KO, dropping his third straight fight and was subsequently released from the promotion.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|32 matches||22 wins||10 losses|
|Loss||22–10||Thales Leites||KO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. dos Anjos||August 23, 2014||2||0:20||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Loss||22–9||C.B. Dollaway||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi||May 31, 2014||3||5:00||Berlin, Germany|
|Loss||22–8||Ronaldo Souza||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi||February 15, 2014||3||5:00||Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil|
|Win||22–7||Costas Philippou||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 165||September 21, 2013||3||5:00||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||21–7||Lorenz Larkin||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Melendez||April 20, 2013||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||20–7||Tom Lawlor||Decision (split)||UFC 154||November 17, 2012||3||5:00||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||19–7||Karlos Vemola||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman||July 11, 2012||2||1:39||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||18–7||Magnus Cedenblad||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva||April 14, 2012||2||1:42||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Win||17–7||Chris Camozzi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 137||October 29, 2011||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–7||Jason Day||TKO (punches)||SITH: Slammer in the Hammer||June 17, 2011||1||2:10||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||15–7||Kelly Anundson||Submission (armbar)||SHC 4: Monson vs. Perak||April 30, 2011||1||2:06||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Win||14–7||Simon Carlsen||TKO (punches)||HG: Heroes Gate 3||March 24, 2011||2||2:43||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Win||13–7||Emil Zahariev||Submission (kimura)||SHC 3: Carmont vs. Zahariev||September 18, 2010||2||1:31||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Win||12–7||Lukasz Jurkowski||Submission (rear-naked choke)||KSW: Extra||September 13, 2008||1||4:14||Warsaw, Poland|
|Loss||11–7||Baga Agaev||Submission (armbar)||FightFORCE: Russia vs. The World||April 19, 2008||1||4:59||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||11–6||Gerald Burton-Batty||TKO (punches)||CFC: Cage Fighting Championships 3||February 15, 2008||1||1:53||Sydney, Australia|
|Loss||10–6||Karol Bedorf||Decision (unanimous)||KSW 8: Konfrontacja||November 10, 2007||3||3:00||Warsaw, Poland||KSW 8: Konfrontacja Middleweight Tournament Quarterfinal.|
|Win||10–5||Todd Broadaway||TKO (punches)||Bodog Fight: Costa Rica Combat||February 18, 2007||1||3:12||San José, Costa Rica|
|Loss||9–5||Vitor Vianna||Decision (unanimous)||Kam Lung: Only the Strongest Survive 5||October 8, 2006||2||5:00||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Win||9–4||Robert Jocz||Decision (unanimous)||KSW V: Konfrontacja||June 3, 2006||2||5:00||Warsaw, Poland||Won KSW 5: Konfrontacja Middleweight Tournament.|
|Win||8–4||Piotr Baginski||TKO (knee and punches)||KSW V: Konfrontacja||June 3, 2006||1||4:35||Warsaw, Poland||KSW 5: Konfrontacja Middleweight Tournament Semifinal.|
|Win||7–4||Goce Candovski||Decision (unanimous)||KSW V: Konfrontacja||June 3, 2006||2||5:00||Warsaw, Poland||KSW 5: Konfrontacja Middleweight Tournament Quarterfinal.|
|Loss||6–4||Evangelista Santos||Decision (unanimous)||WFC: Europe vs. Brazil||May 20, 2006||3||5:00||Koper, Slovenia|
|Win||6–3||Bastien Huveneers||Submission (ankle lock)||DDC: Defi des Champions||March 20, 2006||2||3:51||Tunis, Tunisia|
|Win||5–3||Ali Allouane||Submission (kimura)||XG 2: Xtreme Gladiators 2||March 3, 2006||1||1:52||Paris, France|
|Win||4–3||Al Musa||TKO (punches)||EF 1: Extreme Fighting 1||October 15, 2005||1||2:24||London, England|
|Loss||3–3||Grzegorz Jakubowski||Submission (guillotine choke)||EVT 5: Phoenix||October 8, 2005||1||1:52||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Loss||3–2||Ross Pointon||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UKMMAC 9: Smackdown||November 28, 2004||1||1:13||Essex, England|
|Loss||3–1||Daniel Burzotta||Submission (guillotine choke)||UKMMAC 7: Rage & Fury||May 30, 2004||1||3:39||Essex, England|
|Win||3–0||Slavomir Molnar||Submission (triangle choke)||TFC 3: TotalFight 3||May 24, 2004||2||4:05||Budapest, Hungary|
|Win||2–0||Roy Rutten||Submission (armbar)||Kam Lung: Day of the Truth 5||March 24, 2004||1||1:19||Rhoon, Netherlands|
|Win||1–0||Kuljit Degun||Submission (armbar)||UKMMAC 6: Extreme Warriors||February 29, 2004||1||3:41||Essex, England|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Henderson vs. Dos Anjos". UFC.com. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Montreal-based Carmont wins UFC debut with lopsided decision over Camozzi". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved 2011-10-02.
- "Magnus Cedenblad vs. Francis Carmont slated for UFC on FUEL TV 2". mmajunkie.com. January 5, 2012.
- "Francis Carmont, Tom Lawlor to Fight at UFC 154". mmafighting.com. July 31, 2012. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Lorenz Larkin makes UFC debut vs. Francis Carmont at UFC on FOX 7 in San Jose". MMAjunkie.com. February 9, 2013.
- "UFC on Fox 7 Results & Live Play-by-Play". sherdog.com. April 20, 2013.
- "UFC on Fox 7 play by play and live results". mmajunkie.com. April 20, 2013.
- "UFC on FOX 7 Play-by-Play". Josh Gross, ESPN. April 20, 2013.
- "UFC on FOX 7 – Live Results". bloodyelbow.com. April 20, 2013.
- Mookie Alexander (July 30, 2013). "Costa Philippou vs. Francis Carmont confirmed for UFC 165". bloodyelbow.com.
- Guilherme Cruz (2013-11-19). "‘Jacare’ Souza vs. Francis Carmont added to UFC Fight Night card in Brazil". MMAfighting.com.
- Dorian Szucs (2014-03-28). "UFC Berlin: Francis Carmont vs. CB Dollaway". groundandpound.de. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- Staff (2014-07-02). "UFC Fight Night 49 adds Thales Leites vs. Francis Carmont". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Damon Martin (2014-08-23). "Thales Leites slams home 2nd straight KO with win over Francis Carmont". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- C.J. Tuttle (2014-09-17). "Francis Carmont announces UFC release following three consecutive defeats". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Francis Carmont, Chinzo Machida sign with Bellator MMA". sherdog.com. December 12, 2014.