Francis Hamilton Wedgwood
Wedgwood was the eldest son of Clement Wedgwood and Emily Catherine Rendel, daughter of the engineer James Meadows Rendel. He was the great-great-grandson of the potter Josiah Wedgwood. His younger brothers were Sir Ralph Wedgwood and Josiah Wedgwood, 1st Baron Wedgwood.
He married Katherine Gwendoline Pigott, daughter of the Rev. Edmund Vincent Pigott, of Doddershall Park, on 11 September 1902 in Trentham and they had three children:
- Frances Dorothea Joy Wedgwood (1903-1996)
- Cecily Stella Wedgwood (1905–1995), artist for Wedgwood
- Clement Tom Wedgwood (1907–1960)
He became managing director of Wedgwood in 1916 when his uncle Cecil Wedgwood was killed at the Battle of the Somme. He was also a director of the LMS Railway. He was High Sheriff of Staffordshire in 1929. He died suddenly in 1930 in Euston, London and was buried at Barlaston; his nephew Josiah Wedgwood V became the managing director of Wedgwood.
- Obituaries - Mr. F. H. Wedgwood - The Times, Saturday, Nov 01, 1930; pg. 17; Issue 45659; col E
- "Francis Hamilton Wedgwood (Frank) (1867-1930)". The fifth generation. Wedgwood Museum.
- "Wedgwood, Francis Hamilton (WGWT886FH)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "Cecily Stella Wedgwood (1905-95)". Wedgwood people. Wedgwood Museum.