Morrone's essays on architecture have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, City Journal, American Arts Quarterly, the New Criterion and the New York Times. He was a columnist for the New York Sun for six and a half years (2002-2008). In April 2011, he was named by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the 13 best tour guides in the world. Morrone was a 2012 recipient of the Arthur Ross Award of the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art.
- Guide to New York City Urban Landscapes
- An Architectural Guidebook to Brooklyn
- The Architectural Guidebook to New York City
- An Architectural Guidebook to Philadelphia
- Brooklyn: A Journey through the City of Dreams
- The Municipal Art Society of New York: 10 Architectural Walks in Manhattan
- New York: Memories of Times Past
- The New York Public Library: The Architecture and Decoration of the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
- The Park Slope Neighborhood and Architectural History Guide
- The Fort Greene/Clinton Hill Neighborhood and Architectural History Guide
- New York City Landmarks
- Francis Morrone website[dead link]
- Francis Morrone on Twitter
- "The Ghost of Monsieur Stokes"
- "The Museum of Morgan"
- "How Henry Hope Reed Saved Architecture"