Francis Wall Oliver
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Francis Oliver)
"Francis Oliver" redirects here. For the American soldier, see Francis Oliver (Medal of Honor recipient).
He was Quain Professor of Botany at University College London 1890–1925 and then Professor of Botany at the University of Cairo 1929–1935. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1905. He was awarded the Linnean Medal in 1925.
- Salisbury, E. J. (1952). "Francis Wall Oliver. 1864-1951". Obituary Notices of Fellows of the Royal Society 8 (21): 229. doi:10.1098/rsbm.1952.0015. JSTOR 768810.
- Bootham School Register. York, England: BOSA. 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- "OLIVER, Francis W.". Who's Who, 59: p. 1330. 1907.
- "Author Query for 'F.Oliv.'". International Plant Names Index.
|This article about a British botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|