Franciscan Health System
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2009)|
The Franciscan Health System is a private, non-profit health care organization based in Tacoma, Washington. Franciscan is affiliated with Catholic Health Initiatives, Englewood, Colorado a national non-profit organization.
Franciscan Health System traces its beginning to 1891 when the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia established St. Joseph Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. Now called St. Joseph Medical Center, the hospital is the flagship of, and the largest hospital in, the Franciscan organization.
Franciscan Health System includes nine hospitals, more than 100 primary-care and specialty-care medical clinics and providers known as Franciscan Medical Group and Harrison HealthPartners, and a 20-bed inpatient hospice facility.
The mission of the not-for-profit and faith-based Franciscan Health System is "to nurture the healing ministry of the Church by bringing it new life, energy and viability in the 21st century. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we move toward the creation of healthier communities."
- St. Joseph Medical Center (Tacoma, Washington)
- St. Francis Hospital (Federal Way, Washington)
- St. Clare Hospital, Lakewood, Washington
- St. Anthony Hospital (Gig Harbor, Washington)
- St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw, Washington
- Highline Medical Center, Burien, Washington
- Harrison Medical Center, Bremerton, Washington
- Regional Hospital (Tukwilia, Washington)
- Franciscan Medical Group clinics and providers are located in Pierce, King and Kitsap counties of Washington.
- Harrison HealthPartners clinics and providers are located in Kitsap county and along the Olympic Peninsula.
- Franciscan Hospice House, University Place, Wash.
- "Facts and Figures". Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Franciscan Health System official site: (http://www.FHShealth.org)
- Franciscan Medical Group official site: (http://www.fmg.FHShealth.org)
- Highline Medical Center official site: (http://www.highlinemedicalcenter.org)
- Harrison Medical Center official site: (http://www.harrisonmedical.org)
- Regional Hospital official site: (http://www.regionalhospital.org)
- Catholic Health Initiatives official site: (http://www.catholichealthinit.org)
- Washington State Hospital Association official site:(http://www.wsha.org)
- Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia official site: (http://www.osfphila.org)