|Birth name||Francisco Avitia Tapia|
13 May 1915|
Valle de Zaragoza, Chihuahua, Mexico
|Died||29 June 1995
Cuauhtémoc, D.F., Mexico
|Labels||RCA Víctor Mexicana, Orfeón|
|Associated acts||Luis Aguilar, Flor Silvestre|
Francisco Avitia Tapia (13 May 1915 – 29 June 1995), commonly known as "El Charro Avitia", was a Mexican singer and actor. His best known songs are "Maquina 501" and "Caballo alazán lucero".
He also acted in films such as Primero soy mexicano (1950) and El zurdo (1965). Avitia died on June 30, 1995 in Mexico City. He currently has family in the Northern Hemisphere, in countries, Mexico, and the United States.
- "Francisco Avitia Tapia, "Mexico, Distrito Federal, Civil Registration, 1832-2005"". FamilySearch. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Primero soy mexicano (1950)
- El tigre enmascarado (1951)
- La venganza del Diablo (1955)
- Sed de amor (1959)
- El zurdo (1965)
- Variedades de media noche (1977)
- Viva México (1977)
|This article about a Mexican singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|