November 14, 1993 |
Caguas, Puerto Rico
|Bats: Switch||Throws: Right|
Francisco M. Lindor (born November 14, 1993) is a Puerto Rican professional baseball shortstop in the Cleveland Indians organization. He currently plays for the Columbus Clippers of the Class AAA International League within Minor League Baseball.
Lindor attended Montverde High School in Montverde, Florida. He was named to the USA Today All-USA high school baseball team. The Indians drafted Lindor in the first round (eighth overall) of the 2011 MLB Draft. In September 2011, Lindor was drafted by the Indios de Mayagüez in the second round of the Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente's (LBPRC) first year draft. However, he has been unable to play there due to Cleveland's intervention.
MLB.com rated Lindor as the 32nd best prospect in baseball before the 2012 season. He was assigned to the Lake County Captains of the Class A Midwest League, and named to appear in the 2012 All-Star Futures Game. With Lake County, Lindor had a .257 batting average with 33 extra-base hits and 27 stolen bases.
Prior to the 2013 season, Baseball America ranked him as the Indians top prospect. Lindor started the 2013 season with the Carolina Mudcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League. He was promoted to the Akron Aeros of the Class AA Eastern League on July 15, 2013. Between the two levels, Lindor batted .303 with 31 extra-base hits, 25 stolen bases, and 34 runs batted in.
On May 7, 2014, the Indios de Mayagüez traded Lindor's LBPRC player rights to the Giantes de Carolina in exchange for Carlos Correa. However, only two weeks later the Cangrejeros de Santurce signed him by exploiting a legal loophole declaring that any player that has not been officially contracted within three years after being drafted is considered a free agent.
- rey colon. "The Sport Press: Mayagüez reclama a Lindor y Ponce a Javier Báez". Thesportpress.blogspot.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "2012 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- Mayo, Jonathan (May 24, 2013). "Prospects pack rosters for 2012 All-Star Futures Game | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- Marshall, Ashley. "Cleveland Indians promote Francisco Lindor to Triple-A Columbus Clippers | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Milb.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Badler, Ben (November 14, 2012). "Prospects: Rankings: Organization Top 10 Prospects: 2013 Cleveland Indians Top 10 Prospects". BaseballAmerica.com. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- "Francisco Lindor promoted to Akron Aeros". Southlakepress.com. July 19, 2013. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- "CBSSports.com APP". Mweb.cbssports.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Santurce anuncia firma de Lindor". M.primerahora.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)