Piti in action for Rayo Vallecano
|Full name||Francisco Medina Luna|
|Date of birth||26 May 1981|
|Place of birth||Reus, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Ciudad Murcia (loan)||29||(8)|
|2007||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||7||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Reus, Tarragona, Catalonia, Piti was signed by Real Zaragoza in 2004 after playing almost exclusively in amateur football, notably scoring 23 goals for CF Reus Deportiu in Tercera División. During his spell in Aragon, however, he was mainly registered with the B-team – he appeared in three La Liga games, totalling 37 minutes – also being loaned to Ciudad de Murcia in Segunda División for the 2005–06 season.
In the summer of 2006 Piti joined Hércules CF in the second level, but, in January of the following year, he moved to Rayo Vallecano in Segunda División B, on loan. After featuring rarely for the Valencian in the first half of 2007–08 (six games, 120 minutes), he returned to Rayo and helped the Madrid outskirts team return to division two, scoring seven goals in 21 matches.
In the following second division seasons, Piti remained an important offensive player for Rayo Vallecano. In 2010–11 he contributed with nine goals – second best in the squad, tied with Argentine Óscar Trejo – as the team returned to the top flight after an eight-year absence.
Piti came of age in the 2012–13 season, at the age of 31, scoring 18 goals in 35 games, only five through penalties, as Rayo posted its best campaign in the main category. Highlights included braces at Málaga CF (2–1) and Levante UD (3–2 win), and at home against Getafe CF (3–1).
- Hércules confirma el fichaje del delantero Piti (Hércules confirms signing of forward Piti); Marca, 13 July 2006 (Spanish)
- Piti se va al Rayo y Xisco regresará al Villarreal B (Piti goes to Rayo and Xisco returns to Villarreal B); Diario AS, 1 May 2007 (Spanish)
- Piti hace olvidar a Michu y recoge los galones de Míchel (Piti makes people forget about Michu and succeeds Míchel as captain); Te Interesa, 27 April 2013 (Spanish)
- Piti: "Jémez me dijo que si marcaba sólo tres goles me echaba" (Piti: "Jémez told me that if i only scored three goals he would send me packing"); Marca, 20 May 2013 (Spanish)
- Piti at the double to down Malaga; ESPN FC, 3 November 2012
- Rayo build momentum; ESPN FC, 7 January 2013
- Rayo up to eighth after win; ESPN FC, 18 May 2013