Francisco Javier Muñoz Perez
Muñoz was born December 12, 1985 in Barcelona. He has a disability: he is blind and is a B1 type sportperson. From the Catalan region of Spain, he was a recipient of a 2012 Plan ADO scholarship. In 2013, he was awarded the bronze Real Orden al Mérito Deportivo.
In August 2011, Muñoz was part of the Spanish team that competed in the Spanish organized International Futsal Friendly Tournament held in Madrid. The team played against Argentina, England, Turkey, and Italy. The Italian hosted European Championships was played in June 2012, and were the last major competition for him and his team prior to the start of the Paralympic Games. He was coached in the competition by Miguel Ángel Becerra, and participated in daily fitness activities to help with preparations for the Championship and Paralympic Games. On June 7, he took a medical test to clear participation in the Paralympic Games. He played 5-a-side football at the 2012 Summer Paralympics. His team finished third after they played Argentina and, won 1-0. The bronze medal game was watched by Infanta Elena and President of the Spanish Paralympic Committee. In the team's opening game against Great Britain, the game ended in a 1-1 draw. He was a member of the national team in 2013 and competed in the European Championships. The team faced Russia, Greece and France in the group stage. His team won their opener against Russia. His team went on to defeat France and finish first in the competition.
- "Biografías" (in Spanish). Spain: Comité Paralímpico Español. 2012. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- "MARCA" (in Spanish). Wap.marca.com. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Observatori Català de l'Esport OCE INEFC" (in Spanish). Observatoridelesport.cat. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "El paralímpico extremeño Enrique Floriano recibe la Medalla de la Real Orden al Mérito Deportivo" (in Spanish). Region Digital. October 29, 2013. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- "Michelle Alonso Morales, entre las grandes del deporte espaĂąol" (in Spanish). Diario de Avisos. October 29, 2013. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "El recuerdo a María de Villota marca la entrega de Reales Órdenes al Mérito Deportivo" (in Spanish). 20minutos.es. October 29, 2013. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "La FederaciĂłn EspaĂąola convoca a once jugadores para un torneo de Futbol Sala para Ciegos" (in Spanish). dxtadaptado.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "JUEGOS PARALÍMPICOS LONDRES 2012 FUTBOL SALA LONDRES (INGLATERRA) 22 DE AGOSTO AL 11 DE SEPTIEMBRE DE 2012" (in Spanish). Spain: FEDC. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Hoy comienza el Torneo Internacional de Fútbol Sala B1 en Madrid — Fútbol — Esto es DxT" (in Spanish). Estoesdxt.es. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Boletín del Comité Paralímpico Español" (in Spanish). Comité Paralímpico Español. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "JJ.PP. Londres 2012 — Portal del Consejo Superior de Deportes" (in Spanish). Csd.gob.es. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "El malagueρo Gaitαn da el bronce a Espaρa en Londres — La Opinión de Málaga" (in Spanish). Laopiniondemalaga.es. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "El equipo de fútbol-5 para ciegos empata con Gran Bretańa en su debut" (in Spanish). Paralimpiadaslondres.com. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "Frecuencia Digital Debutan el Atletismo y La Roja de Fútbol 5 en los Parlímpicos" (in Spanish). Frecuenciadigital.es. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "España peleará por las medallas en el Europeo para Ciegos" (in Spanish). Spain: Europa Press. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "La selecciĂłn espaĂąola tratarĂĄ de recuperar el cetro continental en el Campeonato de Europa de FĂştbol 5 en categorĂa B1" (in Spanish). dxtadaptado.com. 2013-06-14. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Servimedia-Noticias-Sociedad" (in Spanish). Servimedia.es. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "DEPORTES: Omar Font logra 4 marcas mínimas para el Mundial de Natación | Noticias ONCE Andalucía" (in Spanish). Onceandalucia.es. 2013-09-15. Retrieved 2013-11-23.