|Full name||Franco Daniel Jara|
|Date of birth||15 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Villa María, Argentina|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Granada (loan)||31||(3)|
|2012–2013||→ San Lorenzo (loan)||26||(2)|
|2013−2014||→ Estudiantes (loan)||22||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 20 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Villa María, Córdoba, Jara made his professional debuts with Arsenal de Sarandí, first appearing in the top division in a 0–1 home loss against Argentinos Juniors on 23 May 2008. He scored his first goal for the club on 10 April of the following year, in a 1–1 draw at Club Atlético Colón.
On 30 January 2010, Jara signed a five-year deal with Portuguese side Sport Lisboa e Benfica for a transfer fee of €5.5 million, effective for the beginning of the 2010–11 season. He scored in his second official game, a 1–2 home loss against Académica de Coimbra on 15 August, and finished his debut campaign with 43 overall appearances (11 goals).
In late August 2011 Jara was loaned to newly promoted La Liga club Granada CF, moving to Andalusia alongside several other Benfica teammates. On 21 July of the following year, in the same predicament, he joined San Lorenzo de Almagro, and the same happened in 2013–14, this time with Estudiantes de La Plata.
Jara made his second international appearance on 10 February 2010, in a 2–1 win against Jamaica.
|1||26 January 2010||San Juan, Argentina||Costa Rica||3–2||3–2||Friendly|
- "El cielo está embrujado" [The sky is falling] (in Spanish). Olé. 11 April 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Franco Jara confirmado à CMVM" [Franco Jara confirmed to CMVM] (in Portuguese). Record. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Last-gasp wonder goal sinks Benfica at the Luz". PortuGOAL. 15 August 2010. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- "El Granada obtiene la cesión del argentino Franco Jara" [Granada gets loan of Argentine Franco Jara] (in Spanish). Marca. 30 August 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Jara regressa à Argentina" [Jara returns to Argentina] (in Portuguese). O Jogo. 21 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Estudiantes de La Plata incorporó a Franco Jara a su plantel" [Estudiantes de La Plata added Franco Jara to squad] (in Spanish). El Sol. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Franco Jara, otro convocado por Maradona" [Franco Jara, another Maradona callup] (in Spanish). TyC Sports. 20 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Puso la Jara" [Jaratastic] (in Spanish). Olé. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- Argentine League statistics (Spanish)
- Statistics at Irish Times
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Franco Jara at National-Football-Teams.com
- Soccerway profile