Frank Augustus Miller
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Frank A. Miller" redirects here. For the New York politician, see Frank A. Miller (Brooklyn).
|Frank Augustus Miller
Master of the Inn
June 30, 1858|
|Died||June 17, 1935
|Evergreen Cemetery (Riverside, California)
|Known for||Civic leader and builder of the Mission Inn.|
Frank Augustus Miller (June 30, 1858 – June 17, 1935) was the owner and chief developer of the Mission Inn in Riverside, California, United States. He was also a civic leader and one of Riverside's strongest promoters.
- Brown Jr, John and James Boyd. History of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties; With Selected Biography of Actors and Witnesses of the Period of Growth and Achievement, 3 volumes, The Western Historical Association, 1922. Lewis Publishing, Chicago. OCLC 8019575
- Gale, Zona. Frank Miller of the Mission Inn, New York, D. Appleton-Century Company, 1938. OCLC 2181944
- Gunther, Jane Davies. Riverside County, California, Place Names; Their Origins and Their Stories, Riverside, CA, Rubidoux Printing, 1984. LCCN 84-72920. OCLC 12103181
- Patterson, Tom. A Colony for California. Riverside Museum Associates, 1996. ISBN 9780935661248. OCLC 35812626
- Patterson, Tom. Landmarks of Riverside, and the Stories Behind Them. Press-Enterprise Co., Riverside, CA, 1964. OCLC 3512580
- Wenzel, Glenn. "Anecdotes on Frank Miller and the Mount Rubidoux Easter pilgrimages", Journal of the Riverside Historical Society, Riverside, CA, No. 13, February 2009.
- Wenzel, Glenn and Wenzel, Seth (illust.) Anecdotes on Mount Rubidoux and Frank A. Miller, her promoter. Riverside, CA, 2010 ISBN 9781450705028. OCLC 604994425
Citations and notes
- Mission Inn Museum, Hands on History, The Miller Family
- Master of the Inn; The Biography of Frank Miller
- Michael S. Emett (January 23, 2003). "Frank August Miller". Built the Mission Inn. Find a Grave. Retrieved November 30, 2011.