Frank Charles Barnaby is Nuclear Issues Consultant to the Oxford Research Group, a freelance defence analyst, and a prolific author on military technology, based in the UK.
Barnaby trained as a nuclear physicist and worked at the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment, Aldermaston, between 1951 and 1957. He was on the senior scientific staff of the Medical Research Council (UK) when a university lecturer at University College London (1957–67). Barnaby was Director of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) from 1971–81. He was a Professor at the VU University Amsterdam 1981–85, and awarded the Harold Stassen Chair of International Relations at the University of Minnesota in 1985.
- The nuclear future (Fabian Society, 1969)
- Man and the Atom (Minerva, 1971)
- The Invisible Bomb (Tauris, 1989
- The Gaia Peace Atlas (Pan, 1989)
- The Automated Battlefield (Sidgwick & Jackson, 1987)
- Star Wars (Fourth Estate, 1987)
- Future Warfare (Michael Joseph, 1986)
- The Role and Control of Military Force in the 1990s (1992)
- How to Build a Nuclear Bomb (2003)
- How to Make a Nuclear Weapon and other Weapons of Mass Destruction (Granta, 2004)