|Men's canoe sprint|
|Gold||1983 Tampere||K-2 500 m|
|Gold||1983 Tampere||K-2 1000 m|
|Gold||1985 Mechelen||K-4 500 m|
|Gold||1986 Montreal||K-4 500 m|
|Silver||1981 Nottingham||K-2 1000 m|
|Silver||1982 Belgrade||K-4 500 m|
|Silver||1986 Montreal||K-2 1000 m|
|Bronze||1981 Nottingham||K-2 500 m|
|Bronze||1985 Mechelen||K-4 1000 m|
Frank Fischer is an East German sprint canoer who competed from 1981 to 1986. He won nine medals at the ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships with four golds (K-2 500 m: 1983, K-2 1000 m: 1983, K-4 500 m: 1985, 1986), three silvers (K-2 1000 m: 1981, 1986; K-4 500 m: 1982), and two bronzes (K-2 500 m: 1981, K-4 1000 m: 1985).
Fischer's wife, Sarina, won a gold medal in women's swimming at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow in the 4 x 100 m freestyle relay (anchor leg) and competed in the qualifying round of the 4 x 100 m medley relay. His daughter, Fanny, won the gold medal in the K-4 500 m event at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing along with nine ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships medals of her own. His sister, Birgit Fischer, won twelve medals in canoeing at the Summer Olympics between 1980 and 2004. Fischer's son, Falco, is also a canoer.
- ICF medalists for Olympic and World Championships - Part 1: flatwater (now sprint): 1936-2007.
- ICF medalists for Olympic and World Championships - Part 2: rest of flatwater (now sprint) and remaining canoeing disciplines: 1936-2007.
- Yahoo! August 19, 2008 article on Fanny Fischer's (daughter) relationship to her aunt Birgit (sister). - accessed August 22, 2008.
- Wallechinsky, David and Jaime Loucky (2008). "Swimming (Women)". In The Complete Book of the Olympics: 2008 Edition. London: Aurum Press Limited. pp. 996, 1000.
- 2007 ICF Flatwater Racing World Championships official website
- Fanny Fischer's (daughter) official website(English) & (German) - accessed August 22, 2008.
|This article about a German canoeist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|