Frank G. Carver
Frank Gould Carver (born May 27, 1928) is an American scholar and professor of Biblical theology and Greek.
Carver was born in Crookston, Nebraska to Frank Alonzo and Greeta (née Gould). He earned his B.A. (1950) from Taylor University, his B.D. (1954) and Th.M. (1958) from Nazarene Theological Seminary, and his Ph.D. (1964) from the University of Edinburgh. Carver was one of only three scholars who worked on both the original 1971 translation of the New American Standard Bible as well as the 1995 update. He has served as professor emeritus at Point Loma Nazarene University since 1996.
- The Cross and the Spirit: Peter and the Way of the Holy (1973) ISBN 0-8341-1094-6
- Peter the Rock-Man (1973) ISBN 0-8341-0156-4
- When Jesus Said Goodbye: John's Witness to the Holy Spirit (1996) ISBN 0-8341-1570-0
- Matthew Part 1: To Be a Disciple, from Beacon Small Group Bible Study Series (2006) ISBN 0-8341-0870-4
- 2 Corinthians: A Commentary in the Wesleyan Tradition, from New Beacon Bible Commentary series (2009) ISBN 0-8341-2396-7
- Who's who in biblical studies and archaeology. Biblical Archaeology Society. 1993. p. 44. ISBN 1-880317-06-0.
- "New American Standard Bible - Translators of the NASB". Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Point Loma faculty page".
|This biography of an American theology academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|