Kassela at the 2010 World Series of Poker
|Born||Frank R. Kassela
February 26, 1968
Chicago Heights, Illinois, U.S.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Occupation||Small business owner, Army Reserve veteran, poker player|
|Home town||Germantown, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Official website[dead link]|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
Frank R. Kassela (born February 26, 1968) is an American professional poker player from Germantown, Tennessee now residing in Las Vegas, who is a two-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner. He won both of his bracelets at the 2010 World Series of Poker. First in the $10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship event and second in the $2,500 Razz event. and earned the 2010 WSOP Player of the Year Award.
World Series of Poker
At the World Series of Poker (WSOP), Kassela has won two bracelets, cashed twelve times, and made four final tables. The first time he made a final table was back at the 2005 WSOP in the $2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em event which was won by Johnny Chan, Kassela finished fourth earning $68,425, he just missed out making another (eight player) final table when in he finished ninth in the 2008 WSOP $1,500 Razz event.
Kassela won both of his WSOP bracelets in 2010, the first was at the $10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship, It began with 170 entries with a final table made up of notable professional poker players such as Allen Kessler (2nd), Jennifer Harman (3rd), Steve Zolotow (4th), John Juanda (5th), Vladimir Shchemelev (7th) and Dario Minieri (8th). Along with the bracelet he also earned the first place prize of $447,446.
His second bracelet with the first place prize of $214,085 was at the $2,500 Razz event which included two players that made up the final table from which he won his first bracelet, Jennifer Harman (6th) and Vladimir Schemelev (4th) also at the final table was the Swedish professional poker player Chris Björin (8th).
Kassela also finished in third place in the 2010 WSOP $25,000 No-Limit Hold 'Em Six-Handed event for $556,053. He also cashed in the 2010 WSOP Main Event finishing 674th place, earning him $21,327 after his failed to hold up to his opponents' .
As of 2010, his total live tournament winnings exceed $2,200,000.
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2010||$10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship||$447,446|
2014 Congressional Run
- "Frank Kassela profile". WSOP.com. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- Welman, Jessica (June 9, 2010). "WSOP Bracelet Winner Profile: Frank Kassela". bluffmagazine.com. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- Yost, Travis (June 23, 2010). "WSOP: Frank Kassela Takes Down $2,500 Seven-card Razz". bluffmagazine.com. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- Butt, Robert. "Frank Kassela - Results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- Guerrero, Rafael (June 9, 2010). "World Series of Poker -- Frank Kassela Wins Event No. 15". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- Kassela Knocked Out, Assured Share of WSOP POY (temp ref)
- Butt, Robert. "Frank Kassela - Stats". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved June 24, 2010.