|Member of the Ohio Senate
from the 27th district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Kevin Coughlin|
April 18, 1979 |
|Residence||Copley Township, Ohio|
|Alma mater||The Ohio State University (B.A.)|
Life and career
LaRose grew up in northeastern Ohio and attended Copley High School. He graduated from Ohio State University and joined the U.S. special forces, where he was awarded the Bronze Star while serving in Iraq.
Following his time in the Army, LaRose returned to the Akron area where he worked for the city of Brecksville, Ohio as an economic development director before seeking elected office. LaRose lives in Copley Township, Ohio with his wife Lauren and their daughter.
After incumbent Republican Kevin Coughlin did not run for re-election because of a term limit, LaRose announced he would run for the Ohio Senate. Unopposed for the Republican nomination, in the election in November 2010 he defeated Democrat Frank Comunale by 56.8% to 43.2%.
Senator Frank LaRose serves as chairman on the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review. In that capacity, Senator LaRose has advanced legislation and innovative initiatives that streamline government regulations and bureaucracy to support business development.
- "Senator Frank LaRose". Ohio Senate. Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- "LaRose will seek seat in Ohio Senate District 27". Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- "LaRose keeps 27th District Senate seat in Republican Party". Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- "Senator LaRose". Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- The Ohio Senate: Senator Frank LaRose (R) - District 27
- Frank LaRose, official campaign website