1 January 1976 |
|Education||Bachelor of Science with Education (BSc/Ed)
Masters in International and Diplomatic Studies (MIDS)
|Occupation||Educator & Politician|
|Years active||2000 — present|
Frank Kagyigyi Tumwebaze is a Ugandan educator and politician. He is the current Minister for the Presidency & Minister for Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), in the Ugandan Cabinet. He was appointed to that position on 15 August 2012. He replaced Kabakumba Masiko, who resigned from government on 14 December 2011, following allegations of abuse of office, theft by taking, causing monetary loss to the government and conspiracy to defraud government. Frank Tumwebaze is also the elected Member of Parliament for Kibale County in Kamwenge District, on the National Resistance Movement (NRM) political party ticket.
He holds the degree of Bachelor of Science with Education (BSc/Ed), obtained in 1999, from Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST). He also holds the degree of Masters in International and Diplomatic Studies (MIDS), obtained in 2005, from Makerere University, the oldest university in Uganda, founded in 1922.
Beginning in 2000 until 2001, he served as a Customs Officer with the Uganda Revenue Authority. In 2001, he was appointed Deputy Resident District Commissioner and was posted to Iganga District, serving in that capacity until 2003. He was then brought into State House, where he served as a Special Presidential Assistant for Research and Information, from 2003 until 2005. In 2006, he entered elective politics by contesting the parliamentary constituency of Kibale County, Kamwenge District. He was elected on the National Resistance Movement political party ticket. In 2011, he was re-elected and is the current incumbent. In a cabinet reshuffle on 15 August 2012, he was appointed Minister for the Presidency.
Frank Kagyigyi Tumwebaze is married. He is of the Anglican faith.
He has the following additional parliamentary responsibilities:
- Chairperson of the Committee on Finance, Planning and Economic Development
- Member of the Committee on Rules, Discipline and Privileges
- Museveni Reshuffles Cabinet
- Kabakumba Masiko Ordered To Resign From Cabinet
- Kabakumba Masiko Resigns Cabinet Positions
- Kabakumba Masiko Forced To Resign From Cabinet
- Frank Tumwebaze Represents Kibale County, Kamwenge District In Parliament
- Frank Tumwebaze Was Born In Kamwenge District
- The Education History of Frank Tumwebaze
- The Work History of Frank Kagyigyi Tumwebaze
- Frank Tumwebaze Appointed Minister for the Presidency In August 2012