|Chairman of the Executive Committee|
|Preceded by||Jean Fortier|
|Succeeded by||Claude Dauphin|
|Political party||Union Montreal|
After studies in accountancy, Zampino served as City Councillor in Saint-Léonard from 1986 to 1990 and was elected Mayor of that city in 1990. He was re-elected without opposition in 1994 and 1998. From 1998 to 2000, Zampino was the president of the STCUM (Montreal's Transit Commission).
In the aftermath of the Province-Wide Municipal Merger of 2001-2002, Zampino joined Mayor Gérald Tremblay's Montreal Island Citizens Union municipal party. The organization is now known as Union Montreal.
In 2001, Zampino was elected to the City Council of Montreal and as Mayor of the Borough of Saint-Léonard.  Since then, he has served as the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the City of Montreal, responsible for finances at the city of Montreal, and as a Member of the Executive Committee of the Montreal Metropolitan Community.
In January 2004, Zampino was appointed by Mayor Tremblay to preside over The Committee on Finance, Administrative and Corporate Services and Strategic Management. This same year, Zampino served as the honorary president of the Montreal Open, the annual open golf tournament of Montreal.
In 2005, Zampino remained one of the campaign leaders of Mayor Gérald Tremblay's political team.  His efforts paid off and Zampino was re-elected as City Councillor and Borough Mayor and was re-confirmed as Chairman of the Executive Committee. In November 2005, Zampino referred to the mayoral administration as "the Tremblay-Zampino administration." 
On May 20, 2008, Zampino announced that he would retire from politics during the summer after his 22-year career. His resignation took effect on July 2, 2008.   Executive Committee Vice-President Claude Dauphin succeeded him.  
Zampino has been linked to a scandal that has engulfed municipal politics across Quebec since 2009. The Charbonneau Commission has heard testimony that he received a trip from Paolo Catania in return for helping him acquire land from the city in the east end of Montréal. 
Zampino received the following:
- Knight of the Italian Republic from the Italian government, in 2003
- Fellow of the Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec, in 2004
- Fellow of the Chartered Accountants
- St. Paul Pioneer Press (February 15, 2002) Montreal feels no joy, hope for expos. Section: Sports. Page D3.
- Colombo, Carmen. Laurier Macdonald High School Classs of 1976 - 25th Anniversary Reunion - Then and Now. Accessed August 23, 2007.
- STM (2000) Message from the directors. Accessed August 23, 2007.
- Canada NewsWire (November 26, 2004) Media Advisory - The Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal welcomes Mr. Frank Zampino , chairman of the Executive Committee, City of Montreal and Mayor of the borough of Saint-Léonard - "A plan for success"
- CCNMatthews (September 13, 2006) Tabling of the New Three-Year Assessment Rolls for the Montreal Urban Agglomeration : The Tremblay- Zampino Administration Reassures Citizens.
- Canada NewsWire (January 25, 2004) Ville de Montreal - Cabinet du maire et du comitte executif - Restructuring of the Executive Committee.
- Canada NewsWire (June 1, 2004) Special Invitation - Official Launch of the Montreal Open.
- Canada NewsWire (September 23, 2005) Large turnout for Team Tremblay gathering in Saint- Léonard. Over 1,200 people come out to hear Gérald Tremblay and Frank Zampino.
- Canada NewsWire (November 4, 2005) An alliance between Pierre Bourque and the president of the blue collars union - "A Bourque-Parent administration could bankrupt the city" - Frank Zampino.
- Frank Zampino quitte la vie politique, Éric Clément, LCN, May 20, 2008
- Frank Zampino quitte la vie politique, Éric Clément, La Presse, May 20, 2008
- Dauphin remplace Zampino, Radio-Canada, June 25, 2008
- Claude Dauphin succède à Frank Zampino, Sophie Montminy, Canoë Info, June 25, 2008
- Mayor's former lieutenant bribed, corruption inquiry hears
- Canada NewsWire (October 6, 2005) Expert accountants denounce Pierre Bourque's irresponsible campaign promises.
- Official site - Mr. Frank Zampino, FCA, mayor of Saint-Léonard.
- "CBC Montreal Homerun Houseguests March 2006".
|Mayor of Saint-Léonard, Montreal
Jean Fortier (Vision Montreal)
|Chairman of the Executive Committee
Claude Dauphin (Union Montreal)