Frankfort Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.9 sq mi (96 km2)|
|• Land||36.46 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.45 sq mi (1.2 km2) 1.22%|
|Elevation||387 ft (118 m)|
|• Density||192.8/sq mi (74.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62812, 62890, 62896|
|GNIS feature ID||0429023|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.9 square miles (96 km2), of which 36.46 square miles (94.4 km2) (or 98.81%) is land and 0.45 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 1.22%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- West Frankfort (east half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these thirteen cemeteries: Bonner, Clayton, County, Crawford, Joplin, Lithuanian, Melvin, Neal, Neal, Oddfellow, Saint Johns, Tower Height and Trinity.
- Frankfort Community Park
- Frankfort Community Unit School District 168
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Frankfort Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Browning Township||Benton Township||Eastern Township|
|Denning Township||Cave Township|