|Full name||Frankie Artus|
|Date of birth||27 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Bristol, England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Exeter City (loan)||10||(0)|
|2008||→ Brentford (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009||→ Kettering Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|2009||→ Cheltenham Town (loan)||9||(3)|
|2009||→ Cheltenham Town (loan)||7||(0)|
|2010||→ Chesterfield (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:42, 27 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Artus began his career as a schoolboy with the Bristol City academy from the age of seven. He was contracted to Bristol City from 2006 having agreed a professional contract, but did not play a first team game in the four years he was there. He was included amongst the five replacements to face Premier League side Middlesbrough in the FA Cup and then again in the replay between the two sides. On 3 August 2007, it was announced that Artus would spend a month on loan at Conference National side Exeter City. The following season he joined Brentford on loan for an initial one month period and made his Football League debut coming on as sub against Dagenham & Redbridge.
In January 2009 he was loaned out to Kettering Town until early March and upon his return he was then loaned out again this time to Cheltenham Town. Artus scored on his Cheltenham debut on 24 March 2009 in a 1–1 draw with Oldham Athletic.
He re-joined Cheltenham on a month loan in August 2009. After making four appearances he returned to Bristol City due to injury. On 16 October 2009 he re-joined for a third time again for a month. He returned to Bristol in late December 2009 and was included in the squad for the 2–2 home draw to Watford on 28 December.
On 9 May 2011, Artus was released from Cheltenham after his contract expired.
On 5 July 2011, Artus signed for Grimsby Town. Artus scored the 2nd goal of the game against Telford United on 28 January 2012, Andi Thanoj cut inside the box and found Artus who slotted the ball into the bottom right corner to secure a 2–0 win for Grimsby.
He signed a 1 year contract extension with the club just after the 2011–2012 season had finished. Artus scored his first goal of the season for Grimsby on 27 August 2012 against Mansfield Town, scoring the opening goal of the game on 35 minutes, a good passing move from Andy Cook to release Joe Colbeck down the wing passing to Derek Niven in turn with a one touch pass to Artus who unleashed an unstoppable curling effort from 20 yards which found the top left corner, the game finishing 4–1 to the Mariners. Artus was released on 2 May 2013.
Style of play
A statement Artus made previously back in 2006 before signing professional terms at Bristol City said "I can play as an attacking midfielder or a defensive one. I still want to add more goals to my game, even though I netted a few earlier this season."
- Grimsby Town
- "Frankie's first team dream". Bristol City Football Club. 8 November 2006. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "City boss snaps up six youngsters". BBC Sport. 10 April 2006. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Midfielder set to sign on loan". Cheltenham Town Football Club. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 23 March 2009.
- "Cheltenham 1–1 Oldham". BBC Sport. 24 March 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2009.
- "Chesterfield sign Bristol City's Frankie Artus on loan". BBC Sport. 21 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Cheltenham Town sign Frankie Artus and Wes Thomas". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 1 July 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Town Sign Artus". Grimsby Town Football Club. 5 July 2011. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Grimsby 2–0 Telford". BBC Sport. 28 January 2012. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Grimsby 4–1 Mansfield". BBC Sport. 27 August 2012. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Artus signing confirmed". Hereford United. 2013-07-31. Retrieved 2013-07-31.