Franklin Academy (North Carolina)
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2011)|
Franklin Academy was founded in 1998 as one of North Carolina’s 100 Charter Schools. With more than 1800 applicants on a waiting list each year, FA is claimed to be the most sought after school in North Carolina, and perhaps the nation.
Originally only encompassing a small building with few teachers, the school expanded quickly. The Chairman of the Board and founder, Mr. Robert L. Luddy, had ambitions for the school and soon one more building was built at the original site. Two other buildings soon followed at a separate campus. As of January 2011, the school opened the doors of a new, nine million dollar high school building, making three separate campuses and five overall buildings.
Franklin Academy has a chill dress code of the following:
- Collared Polo style shirts, long or short sleeved. Colors are solid navy blue, white, red (NC State
red) for the High School and Maroon for the lower schools, or light blue (UNC “Carolina” light blue)
- School Approved Patriots Hooded or Patriots Crew neck Sweatshirt purchased from Educational
Outfitters or Franklin Academy
- School Approved Athletic or Organization outerwear acceptable
- T-shirts are allowed if and only if it is not visible underneath outerwear
- Khaki or Navy Blue full length pants or knee-length shorts. No knit, stretch, denim, or
- Any socks are dresscode
The Franklin Academy has adopted a Direct Instruction format.