Franklin County Schools (North Carolina)
|Franklin County Schools|
|Type and location|
|Location||Franklin County, North Carolina|
|NCES District ID||3701530|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||570.33 (on FTE basis)|
|Staff||488.81 (on FTE basis)|
For the 2010–11 school year, Franklin County Schools had a total population of 8,573 students and 570.33 teachers on a (FTE) basis. This produced a student-teacher ratio of 15.03:1. That same year, out of the student total, the gender ratio was 51% male to 49% female. The demographic group makeup was: White, 52%; Black, 31%; Hispanic, 13%; American Indian, 0%; and Asian/Pacific Islander, 0% (two or more races: 3%). For the same school year, 58.79% of the students received free and reduced-cost lunches.
The primary governing body of Franklin County Schools follows a council–manager government format with a seven-member Board of Education appointing a Superintendent to run the day-to-day operations of the system. The school system currently resides in the North Carolina State Board of Education's Third District.
Board of Education
The seven members of the Board of Education are elected by district (five districts and two at-large seats) in staggered four-year terms. They generally meet on the second Monday of each month. The current members of the board are: Gilbert Johnson (District 5, Chair), Debra Brodie (District 4, Vice-Chair), Bernard Hall (District 1), Synthia Richardson (District 2), Dr. Elizabeth Keith (District 3), Rosemary Champion (At-large), and Paige Sayles (At-large).
The system is currently served by Interim Superintendent Dr. Randy Bridges. 
- Bunn High School (Bunn)
- Franklin County Early College (Louisburg)
- Franklinton High School (Franklinton)
- Louisburg High School (Louisburg)
- Bunn Middle School (Bunn)
- Cedar Creek Middle School (Youngsville)
- Terrell Lane Middle School (Louisburg)
- Bunn Elementary School (Bunn)
- Edward Best Elementary School (Louisburg)
- Franklinton Elementary School (Franklinton)
- Laurel Mill Elementary School (Louisburg)
- Long Mill Elementary School (Youngsville)
- Louisburg Elementary School (Louisburg)
- Royal Elementary School (Louisburg)
- Youngsville Elementary School (Year-round)(Youngsville)
According to the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, for the 2012–2013 school year: Bunn, Franklinton and Louisburg high schools are 2A schools in the Northern Carolina Conference. The early college does not have any athletic teams.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Franklin County Schools". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Percentage of Students in Each Demographic Group". North Carolina’s School Report Cards. NC Department of Public Instruction. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "2010–2011" (XLS). Free & Reduced Meals Application Data. NC Department of Public Instruction. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Education Districts". NC State Board of Education. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Board Members". Franklin County Schools. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "Franklin County Schools". North Carolina's School Report Cards. North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "NCHSAA CONFERENCES 2012–13" (PDF). NCHSAA website. NCHSAA. Retrieved January 26, 2013.