Franklin Municipal–John Beverly Rose Airport
|Franklin Municipal Airport
John Beverly Rose Field
|IATA: FKN – ICAO: KFKN – FAA LID: FKN|
|Owner||City of Franklin|
|Elevation AMSL||41 ft / 12 m|
Franklin Municipal–John Beverly Rose Airport, also known as Franklin Municipal Airport or John Beverly Rose Field (IATA: FKN, ICAO: KFKN, FAA LID: FKN) is a public airport in Isle of Wight County, Virginia, United States. The airport is owned by the City of Franklin and is located at 32470 John Beverly Rose Drive, two nautical miles (4 km) northeast of the city's central business district.
Facilities and aircraft
Franklin Municipal Airport covers an area of 313 acres (127 ha) at an elevation of 41 feet (12 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with a 4,977 x 100 ft (1,517 x 30 m) asphalt surface. Two former runways, 14/32 and 4/22, are in no longer used and marked with yellow X's.
For the 12-month period ending March 31, 2007, the airport had 5,012 aircraft operations, an average of 13 per day: 70% general aviation, 30% military and <1% air taxi. At that time there were 25 aircraft based at this airport: 84% single-engine, 12% multi-engine and 4% ultralight.
- Franklin Municipal Airport official page at City of Franklin website
- FAA Airport Master Record for FKN ( PDF), effective 2008-04-10
- "Report to Congress 2005-2009". Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- PDF from City of Franklin, Virginia
- PDF from Virginia Department of Aviation
- PDF from County of Southampton, Virginia
- Resources for this airport:
- FAA airport information for FKN
- AirNav airport information for KFKN
- ASN accident history for FKN
- FlightAware airport information and live flight tracker
- NOAA/NWS latest weather observations
- SkyVector aeronautical chart, Terminal Procedures
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FKN, effective December 11, 2014