Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.24 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.86 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.38 sq mi (1.0 km2) 1.05%|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||69.8/sq mi (26.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60145, 60146|
|GNIS feature ID||0429025|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.24 square miles (93.9 km2), of which 35.86 square miles (92.9 km2) (or 98.95%) is land and 0.38 square miles (0.98 km2) (or 1.05%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Kirkland (vast majority)
- Fairdale at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Charter Oak, Hick's Mill, Maple and Pine Hill.
Airports and landing strips
- Harold Bunger Airport
- Hiawatha Community Unit School District 426
- Illinois's 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Cherry Valley Township, Winnebago County||Flora Township, Boone County||Spring Township, Boone County|
|Monroe Township, Ogle County||Kingston Township|
|South Grove Township||Mayfield Township|