Franklin Township, Monroe County, Ohio
|Franklin Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Monroe County
|• Total||23.8 sq mi (61.6 km2)|
|• Land||23.8 sq mi (61.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,089 ft (332 m)|
|• Density||18/sq mi (6.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086650|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Seneca Township - north
- Summit Township - northeast
- Wayne Township - east
- Washington Township - southeast
- Bethel Township - south
- Elk Township, Noble County - southwest
- Stock Township, Noble County - west
- Marion Township, Noble County - northwest corner
The village of Stafford lies in southwestern Franklin Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Franklin township, Monroe County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.