Bulle Roth playing for Bayern.
|Date of birth||27 April 1946|
|Place of birth||Memmingen, Germany|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|1966–1978||FC Bayern Munich||322||(72)|
|1978–1979||SV Casino Salzburg||31||(1)|
|1969||West Germany U-23||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Franz "Bulle" Roth (born 27 April 1946 in Memmingen) is a former German footballer. He earned four caps for the Germany national football team and was nicknamed "the Bull" due to his physical playing style.
Roth was a big game player and had a knack of scoring important goals in massive games for Bayern Munich. He scored the only goal of the 1967 European Cup Winners' Cup Final against Rangers in extra time, which was enough to give Bayern victory, and their first triumph in European competition. He opened the scoring in the 1975 European Cup Final win over Leeds United, a game in which Roth won the midfield battle against Billy Bremner. Roth scored for the third time in the final of a European competition, with his 57th minute strike against AS Saint-Étienne 1976 European Cup Final enough to give Bayern a 1–0 victory, and retain the European Cup for the third straight season.
- DFB-Pokal: 1965–66, 1966–67, 1968–69, 1970–71
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1966–67
- Bundesliga: 1968–69, 1971–72, 1972–73, 1973–74, 1979–80, 1980–81
- European Cup: 1973–74, 1974–75, 1975–76
- Intercontinental Cup: 1976
- Trofeo Santiago Bernabéu: 1979, 1980
- Trofeo Internacional Ciudad de Terrassa: 1972
- "Roth, Franz" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Franz „Bulle“ Roth: „Kraft muss man von Geburt an haben"" (in German). merkur-online.de. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "1975/76: Roth completes Bayern hat-trick". UEFA.com. 12 May 1976. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Hall of Fame" (in German). FC Bayern Munich. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
||This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a midfielder born in the 1940s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|