|Competitor for West Germany|
|Gold||1984 Sarajevo||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1979 Königssee||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1981 Hammarstrand||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1983 Lake Placid||Men's doubles|
|World Cup Championships|
|Silver||1984 Olang||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1982 Winterberg||Men's doubles|
Franz Wembacher (born 15 November 1958 in Bischofswiesen, Bavaria) was a West German luger who competed in the late 1970s and early 1980s. He won the gold medal in the men's doubles event at the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
Wembacher also won three bronze medals in the men's doubles event at the FIL World Luge Championships (1979, 1981, 1983). At the FIL European Luge Championships, he also won two medals in the men's doubles event with a silver in 1984 and a bronze in 1982.
Wembacher's best overall Luge World Cup finish was second in men's doubles in 1982-3.
His brother Anton Wembacher was also a luger.
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Men's luge
- DatabaseOlympics.com information on Weinbacher.
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skelton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions (German)
- List of men's doubles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
|This biographical article relating to German luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|