|Look up fraternity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A fraternity is a brotherhood, in the general sense
- Fraternity (philosophy), a type of relationship between people.
The term usually connotes a distinct or formal organization:
- Fraternity, type of organization.
An organization referred to as a fraternity may be a:
Fraternity may also refer to various types of organizations found at colleges and universities:
- In North America
- College Fraternities and sororities, also called Greek letter organizations or social fraternities, initiatory organizations which unite students through the undergraduate college course
- Honor society, an organization which recognizes achievement
- Collegiate secret societies in North America, organizations in which membership is limited by year of study
- Literary society, an organization formed as a student-directed supplement to the academic curriculum
- Professional fraternity, an organization which promotes fellowship among those in a particular academic discipline or career field
- Service fraternities and sororities, organizations whose primary purpose is community service
- North American fraternity and sorority housing, large group housing for members of a fraternity or sorority
- In Europe
- Corporation (university), college fraternity
- Nation (university), student organization
- Studentenverbindung, student organizations in Germany
- List of Swiss student societies
- Other uses include
- Fraternity (band), an Australian rock group from the early 1970s, featuring AC/DC's Bon Scott
- Fraternity Records, a record label
- List of general fraternities
- List of social fraternities and sororities
- List of fraternities and sororities in the Philippines
- List of fraternities and sororities in Puerto Rico
- Liberté, égalité, fraternité
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fraternity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.