|Directed by||Stephan Elliott|
|Produced by||Andrena Finlay
|Written by||Stephan Elliott|
|Editing by||Brian Kavanagh|
|Release dates||4 June 1993 (UK)|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|Box office||A$29,740 (Australia)|
The film tells the story of insurance investigator Roland Copping and how he interferes with and manipulates the lives of others with outrageous games and gimmicks. Eventually he becomes involved in an escalating vendetta with a couple who make an unusual insurance claim.
- Phil Collins - Roland Copping
- Hugo Weaving - Jonathan Wheats
- Josephine Byrnes - Beth Wheats
- Mitchell McMahon - Young Roland Copping
- Andrew McMahon - Young Matthew
- Rebel Penfold-Russell - Mother (as Rebel Russell)
- Peter Mochrie - Michael Allen
- Helen O'Connor - Margaret
- Colleen Clifford - Mrs. Waterson
- Vincent Ball - Judge
- Gandhi MacIntyre - Cartel Valuer
- Christina Ormani - Telephone Girl
- Nicholas Hammond - Detective Simms
- Kee Chan - Detective Alan
- Ian Cockburn - Matthew
The film was made in collaboration with latent Image, a production company formed buy Rebel Penfold-Russell, Andrena Finlay and Stuart Quin at the end of the 10BA period in Australian filmmaking. Stephan Elliot wanted to use Phil Collins after seeing him in an episode of Miami Vice and got in contact with him through Finlay's husband, Al Clark, who used to work for Virgin Films.
Frauds grossed $29,740 at the box office in Australia.
- "Festival de Cannes: Frauds". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- "FRAUDS - Film Database - Movie Database".
- Lani Hannah, "Frauds", Cinema Papers, October 1992 p45-49
- "Australian Feature Films Soundtracks Price Guide". Retrieved 2 December 2009.
- Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office