Fred B. Schneider
|Fred B. Schneider|
|Born||December 7, 1953|
|Alma mater||Stony Brook University|
|Doctoral advisor||Arthur Jay Bernstein|
|Doctoral students||Kevin Hamlen
|Notable awards||IEEE Emanuel R. Piore Award (2012)|
Fred Barry Schneider (born December 7, 1953) is an American computer scientist, based at Cornell University, New York, USA, where he is the Samuel B. Eckert Professor of Computer Science. He has published extensively. His research is in the area of concurrent and distributed systems for high-integrity and mission-critical applications.
He has been editor-in-chief of Distributed Computing and associate editor-in-chief of IEEE Security and Privacy. He has also edited ACM Computing Surveys, High Integrity Systems, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, and Information Processing Letters.
Schneider is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1992), the Association for Computing Machinery (1995), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2008).
He has been named as the recipient of the IEEE Emanuel R. Piore Award for 2012.
- A Logical Approach to Discrete Math. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1993. (With David Gries.)
- On Concurrent Programming. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1997.
- Trust in Cyberspace, National Academy Press, 1998. (Editor.)
- Fred B. Schneider — biography, Cornell University, USA.
- Baaba Andam, Fred B. Schneider — Network Security Systems: Building a Better Defense, Facult of Computing and Information Science, Cornell University, USA.
- Fred B. Schneider Publications, Cornell University, USA.
- Fred B. Schneider — biography, EDUCAUSE, USA.
- Fred B. Schneider homepage
- Fred B. Schneider at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server
- Fred B. Schneider publication list details, Scientific Commons