|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 44th district
|Preceded by||Terry R. Parke|
|Residence||Hoffman Estates, Illinois|
|Alma mater||Loyola University|
|Profession||licensed real estate agent|
Fred Crespo is a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 44th district since 2007. This district lies entirely within Cook County and includes all of Streamwood, approximately half of Hoffman Estates and Hanover Park, and portions of Schaumburg, Elgin, and Bartlett.
Early life, education and career
Crespo attended Loyola University, Chicago. Prior to serving in the Illinois House or Representatives, he served as a village trustee on the Hoffman Estates Village Board. Crespo changed parties from Republican to Democrat.
Illinois General Assembly
Crespo has been a member of the following Legislative Committees:
- Appropriations for General Services, Chair
- Elementary and Secondary Education, Vice Chair
- Mass Transit, Member
- Public Utilities, Member
- Small Business Empowerment and Workforce Development, Member
- Subcommittee on Mandates, Member
- Tourism and Conventions, Member
Crespo and his wife Dorothy have two children.
- "Representative Fred Crespo's Biography". Vote Smart. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Representative Fred Crespo (D) 44th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Representative Fred Crespo constituency site
- Rep. Fred Crespo at Illinois House Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|