Fred C. Sands is a business executive, investor, and Chairman of Vintage Real Estate and Vintage Fund Management.
Sands started his career in the residential real estate business and was the Chairman and sole shareholder of Fred Sands Realtors, a large California-based real estate and financial services company. In December 2000, Sands sold his company, excluding the franchised offices, to Coldwell Banker. Sands' background also includes acquiring and turning around distressed companies, including radio stations (KNAC FM) and insurance companies, as well as commercial real estate projects. His development projects have included, hotels, office buildings, shopping centers, and single-family housing projects.
Sands heads two private investment firms, Vintage Capital Group and Vintage Real estate, both headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Vintage Capital Group
Vintage Capital Group has invested in a variety of businesses and industries, specializing in turnarounds of distressed companies and bankruptcies. Vintage Real Estate and Vintage Fund Management are both wholly owned divisions of the Group.
Vintage Real Estate
- Vice Chairman of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles and Chairman of MOCA's Investment Committee
- Appointed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to California Arts Council
- Named one of the industry's top 13 "Movers and Shakers" by the National Association of Realtors
- LA Times Article on Fred Sands' Career
- LA Times Article on SouthBay Pavilion Acquisition
- "Vintage Real Estate buys retail center north of Cincinnati". Los Angeles Business Journal. 2007-07-26. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Hong, Peter Y. (2009-01-11). "Knowing when to get in, and out". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Vintage Real Estate. (appointments)". Los Angeles Business Journal. 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2010-01-18.[dead link]
- Vincent, Roger (2009-07-09). "Fred Sands adds SouthBay Pavilion to growing portfolio". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Art Daily article on Fred Sands and MOCA
- California Arts Council Website
- Vintage Capital Group
- Vintage Real Estate
- Vintage Fund Management