Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
|Industry||Fast food restaurants|
|Headquarters||260 N. Rock Road.
United States 67206
|Area served||16 states (2013)|
|Key people||Freddy Simon, Owner & Founder
Scott Redler, COO
Markus Scholler, VP of Franchise Development
Sarah Selmon, Director of communications
|Owner(s)||Freddy Simon & Family|
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers is a Wichita, Kansas-based restaurant, famous for cooked-to-order Steakburgers and specialty Hot Dogs served with shoestring Fries. Custard is churned fresh all day in each store for Freddy's Tasty Treats. The first restaurant opened in Wichita, Kansas in 2002 and began franchising in 2004.
At Freddy’s, frozen custard is such a signature part of the menu that it’s included in the name. But, the Freddy’s story doesn’t begin with dessert. Freddy's started with a main course back in the 1950s. Wichita, Kansas is a historical landmark in the hamburger’s march to prominence and home to WWII veteran Freddy Simon. The savory steakburger is inspired by the 50's style staple and reminiscent of an era focused on quality, cooked-to-order meals that bring families and loved ones together. Two of Freddy’s sons, Bill and Randy, and accomplished restauranteur, Scott Redler, worked tirelessly to recreate the recipe that lived up to the timeless standards of their father's generation.
- Kansas: 21 locations: Wichita, Derby, El Dorado, Emporia, Hutchinson, Overland Park, Topeka, Manhattan, Salina, Hays, Pittsburg, Lawrence, Junction City, McPherson, Garden City, Olathe, Lansing (Coming Soon in 2013!)
- Arizona: 12 locations: Glendale (Coming Soon in 2013!), Gilbert, Flagstaff, Goodyear, Chandler, Tucson, Marana, Phoenix - San Tran Valley, Surprise, Tempe
- California: 4 locations: Victorville, Bakersfield - Calloway, Bakersfield - Ming Avenue (Coming Soon in 2013!), Westlake Village
- Colorado: 13 locations: Aurora, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Littleton, Longmont, Loveland, Monument, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Golden (Coming Soon in 2013!)
- Florida: 1 location: Bradenton
- Illinois: 2 locations: Mattoon, Springfield
- Iowa: 1 location: Council Bluffs
- Missouri: 9 locations: Joplin (destroyed by 2011 tornado and rebuilt in 2013), Branson, Liberty, Jefferson City, Sedalia, Columbia, Kansas City, Springfield, St. Peters
- Nebraska:3 locations: Papillion, Grand Island, Omaha
- Nevada: 1 location: Las Vegas
- New Mexico: 2 locations: Albuquerque
- Oklahoma: 16 locations: Enid, Moore, Edmond, Stillwater, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Yukon, Norman, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Ponca City (Coming Soon in 2013!), Muskogee (Coming Soon in 2013!), Bartlesville
- Pennsylvania: 1 location: Broomall
- Texas: 23 locations: Spring (Coming Soon in 2013!), Cedar Park, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Bryan-College Station, Euless, Highland Village, Keller (Coming Soon in 2013!), Copperfield, Katy, Killeen, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Selma
- Utah: 1 location: St. George
- Virginia: 1 location: Fairfax
By the end of 2013, there will be more than 111 restaurants open and plan to open 400 more stores over the next 10–15 years.