Frederick City Police Department (Maryland)
|Frederick City Police Department|
|Motto||If you want to make a difference…
If you want to be part of something great…
If you believe that public service can bring out the best in you…
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||State of Maryland, United States|
|Fredercick City Police Districts|
|Legal jurisdiction||Frederick, Maryland|
|Headquarters||100 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701|
|Agency executive||Thomas Ledwell, Chief of Police|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Frederick City Police Department (FPD) provides police services to the city of Frederick, Maryland, the second-largest city in that state. The department is organized into several divisions, and is responsible for policing more than 65,000 people in an area of 57.50 square kilometres (22.20 sq mi). FPD is headed by Thomas Ledwell.
In October 2013, Officer Charity Faith Hoxie agreed to resign from the department and not to work in law enforcement for three years. This was part of a deal that suspended charges against her for using stolen gift cards in nearby Hagerstown.
In April 2014, Officer Benjamin Whitmore pleaded guilty to charges of assaulting his girlfriend.
- "Departments > Police > About FPD > About Chief Ledwell". The City of Frederick.
- "Search for a Fallen Officer". Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP).
- Former Frederick police officer resigns to end criminal case, by Danielle E. Gaines, 22 October 2013, Frederick News-Post
- Frederick police officer admits assaulting girlfriend, by Danielle Gaines, 2 April 2014, Frederick News-Post
- Official website
- The Frederick Police Department (FPD) at The City of Frederick, MD, official website.
|This Maryland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States law enforcement agency article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|