Frederick I. Ordway III
|Frederick I. Ordway III|
|Institutions||University of Alabama in Huntsville professor|
|Known for||Space advocacy|
Frederick Ira Ordway III is a space scientist and well-known author of visionary books on spaceflight. He owns a large collection of original paintings depicting astronautical themes. Ordway was educated at Harvard and completed several years of graduate study at the University of Paris and other universities in Europe. He is a member of many leading professional societies and is the author, co-author, or editor of more than thirty books and over three hundred articles.
As scientific consultant, he was part of the production team of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Braun, Wernher von (Estate of); Ordway III, Frederick I & Dooling, David Jr. (1985) . Space Travel: A History. New York: Harper & Row. ISBN 0-06-181898-4.
- Ordway, Frederick I, III; Sharpe, Mitchell R (1979). The Rocket Team. Apogee Books Space Series 36. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell. ISBN 1-894959-00-0.
- Ordway, Frederick I, III; Ernst Stuhlinger, Wernher von Braun (1994). Crusader for Space: A Biographical Memoir. Malabar, Florida: Krieger Publishing Company.
References and notes
- Ordway, Frederick I. (1982). "2001: A Space Odyssey in Retrospect". In Eugene M. Emme. American Astronautical Society History Series SCIENCE FICTION AND SPACE FUTURES: PAST AND PRESENT 5. pp. 47–105. ISBN 0-87703-172-X. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- "Ordway Collection Reflects Life Working Toward Space Exploration". Harvard College Library news. President and Fellows of Harvard College. Retrieved 2008-10-13.