Frederick VII, Count of Zollern
|Friedrich VII, Count of Zollern|
|Spouse(s)||Euphemia of Hohenberg-Rotenburg|
|Noble family||House of Hohenzollern|
|Father||Friedrich VI, Count of Zollern|
|Mother||Kunigunde of Baden|
|Died||after 6 October 1309|
Friedrich VII, Count of Zollern (d. after 6 October 1309) was a German nobleman. He was the ruling Count of Zollern from 1298 until his death.
In 1298, he married Euphemia (d. 1333), a daughter of Count Albrecht II of Hohenberg-Rotenburg. This marriage had been mediated by Emperor Rudolf I himself, and brought an end to many years of rivalry between the Swabian Counts of Zollern and Hohenberg.
Friedrich VII died after 6 October 1309. After his death, the County of Zollern was inherited by his younger brother Friedrich VIII.
Friedrich and Euphemia had two sons:
- Fritzli (d. 1313), Lord of Zollern
- Albrecht (d. 1320), married Guta of Gutenstein
- Ludwig Schmid: Geschichte der Grafen von Zollern-Hohenberg, Gebrüder Scheitlin, 1862, p. 115
- E. G. Johler: Geschichte, Land- und Ortskunde der souverainen teutschen Fürstenthümer Hohenzollern Hechingen und Sigmaringen, Stettin'sche Buchhandlung, Ulm, 1824, Online
- Gustav Schilling: Geschichte des Hauses Hohenzollern in genealogisch fortlaufenden Biographien aller seiner Regenten von den ältesten bis auf die neuesten Zeiten, nach Urkunden und andern authentischen Quellen. Fleischer, Leipzig, 1843, Online
Frederick VII, Count of ZollernDied: after 6 October 1309
|Count of Zollern
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|